Thursday, July 14, 2016

Big booboo

It was just another ordinary day of swimming until Aaron fell and tripped right by the swimming pool earlier.  I didn't even think anything was serious until I got closer and saw him bleeding heavily from his mouth and chin. I immediately froze as I didn't know what can I do to stop the bleeding. Fortunately daddy was there when it happened and he helped everyone to stay calm. We took the poor kid to an urgent care and he just wouldn't stop crying the entire time.

I knew it was not going to be pleasant once the doctor determined that he needs stitches.  The rest was just a lot of screaming/crying/kicking during the entire procedure. I couldn't help but feel guilty that I wasn't able to prevent this horrific event. I kept asking myself if this accident could have been avoided if I sat closer to him? Or if I insisted that he shouldn't run around the pool? :( Nothing can be worst than seeing your own kid gets hurt right in front of you and nothing you can do about it. It hurts more to see him in pain than getting hurt yourself. Is this truly the lives of being parents? I remember I once read this quote - "Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." and I am finally understanding the true meaning of it by being a parent.

I am so thankful that we have the best medical insurance and healthcare resources in the area.  Liquid diet and some antibioitics are the plans for the next couple days.  Aaron is one tough cookie and I am sure he will be okay in no time. Thanks be to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment